Pages

Chickens in the yard

Chickens in the yard
Buff Orphington

October 18, 2010

The Omnivore's Dilemma

Wanna Bea Farm The more I read this book the more I feel like a hypocrite. For every 1200 pounds of beef manufactured in the United State 35 gallons of oil is consumed. Talk about a carbon foot print! For every bushel of corn grown in the Mid-West 1/3 to 1/4 gallon of oil is used or 50 gallons per acre!
I am going to clean my house out of every bit of corn or long distance food. No small task cause most every product in the American home is made from corn. From the construction glue holding the house together to the high fructose corn syrup in just about all processed foods.
I can't do much about the house, but I can and will do something about the food. I will bake my own treats and desserts, I will pack my own homemade lunches. I will spend 1 day a week making dishes I can reheat for convenience.
I will make a change. And most likely I will save money. 
What will you do, change in your life, to save this planet we call home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment